Cauliflower & Broccoli Casserole
I found this low carb recipe on the diet doctor.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 lb broccoli, frozen or fresh
- 7 oz. cream cheese
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 12⁄3 cups shredded cheese
- 1¾ oz. butter
- 1 – 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Set the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Boil the frozen broccoli according to the instructions on the package. (optional – see below)
- When done, strain and discard the water, and add cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix with a hand blender until smooth.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and let the rest of the butter stay on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the sauce over the florets, add shredded cheese and let bake in oven for 40 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender and the top is golden brown.
— The only thing the recipe was a little confusing. I put the broccoli in the blender.lol The broccoli was supposed to be chopped up with the cauliflower? I made this without broccoli and added chicken with a little more butter added to it before putting in the oven.
for nutrition and other extras visit the diet doctors Cauliflower Cheese recipe